19 November 2022

Sirens - Of Blood And Water

Epica is one of my favorite Symphonic Metal bands. That band features lead singer Simone Simons, who has a gorgeous voice. They are joined by Charlotte Wessles, who was previously lead singer of Delain, and is now embarking on a solo career, and Myrkur, who I had not heard of previously heard of.

Charlotte Wessels is one of my favorite singers. She was what made Delain one of my favorite bands. I listened to their music, even though that last few albums were not as good as the stuff from 10 or more years ago because of her voice. (The song writing had gone a bit off the rails on a couple of albums.)

Myrkur is a Black Metal band led by lead singer Amalie Bruun, though she seems to be branching out into Gothic Metal and folk rock. In recent years, anyway. Aside from today's song, I have only heard a very few selections from Myrkur. I'm sure I will be hearing more.

This song is "Sirens - Of Blood And Water" by Epica featuring vocals Charlotte Wessels and Myrkur. It was released to YouTube on 11 November 2022. It is from Epica's mini-album The Alchemy Project, also released on the 11th.

Today's selection is courtesy of James, and comment he left alerting me to the existence and this song. So, thank you James!

I should note that I considered this for Metal for Mondays. Epica is Symphonic Metal and the two guest singers are both known for metal, but while there are thundering drums and some guitar, I hear mostly beautiful voices, and strings. So here we are on a Saturday morning.

Also, I have no idea what the difference is between a "mini-album" and an EP might be. All the people involved in all the bands are European, and English is not their first language, even if they all compose and sing in English. My guess is that something was edited by one of their staff, who also speaks a foreign language, and something was lost in translation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.