11 October 2022

She Really Should Get Some Training

But hey, it is hard to argue with success. 'I just shot him out of the house:' Harnett woman scares off would-be burglar

She didn't just "scare him off." She shot him in the leg.

Tarika McAllister woke up to her dog barking and a loud bang coming from the back of her house.

She saw a man, later identified as Malihk Giles, taking some of her things and trying to steal her dog.

She had never used the gun before. But she grabbed it, and opened fire one him. She struck him twice.

Authorities said Giles had a gunshot wound to the right lower leg and a superficial gunshot wound to his right side. He was treated at the Central Harnett Hospital in Lillington and released hours later.

He is held on $75,000 secured bond in the local lockup.

She has a number of quotes that are good in the article. You should click thru and read the whole thing. I will give Ms. McAllister the last word.

“It’s making me stronger," she said. "I’m just still shook up. I did what I had to do, and I’m glad I did what I did.”

Hat tip to Herschel Smith at Captain's Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.