23 July 2022

If a Cop Has Never Seen It Before, It Must Be Illegal

Ignorance is not stupidity. Ignorance is lack of information. Stupidity comes in when you refuse to acknowledge that there MIGHT be some information that you don't have. Just because you don't have that information - because you have never seen something before - doesn't mean that information doesn't exist. No one can know everything. Only a stupid MF pretends that he knows everything.

Cops don't understand that some people do things in different ways. So they automatically assume that if you aren't doing exactly what I've seen people do since forever, then it must be illegal. (That my friends, is stupidity coupled with arrogance.) It never occurs to them that "Hey, I've never seen this before, maybe I should learn something new." It would only hurt for a minute, but they don't need to learn anything. You need to do exactly the same thing that I've seen other people do, because learning new things hurts.

And you need to Respect. Their. Authority.

So "Stig's Persian Cousin" is a guy from Dubai, who shipped a car from Dubai to Canada on a temporary import basis. He also drove into the US, and back. All of that is perfectly legal, provided you get the correct import documents. But cops have never seen that before, so they pull him over. "He has a Dubai license plate after all, that MUST be illegal, because I have NEVER seen it before, and it couldn't be that I'm an ignorant cop." The fact that he's from Dubai, probably doesn't help matters.

This is the Stig's Persian Cousin video for COPS MESSING WITH THE WRONG LAMBORGHINI DRIVER!! *COMPILATION*

This is the kind of thing you trip over at 3 in the morning, when you can't sleep because the tinnitus is especially loud this week.

What does tinnitus sound like? Well this isn't exact, but mine sounds something like this. (Turn your volume down before listening to that! You can damage your hearing. And trust me, you do NOT want to develop tinnitus.)

1 comment:

  1. Hah, I thought there was something wrong with the vid, or that it was a prank. Had to turn it up to max to hear even the tiniest little mosquito buzz... So it's me there is something wrong with.

    But I knew that. I've got tinnitus from losses related to industrial and work exposures. Lots of losses. Lots of weird notches in my hearing curves, and they are different from ear to ear. I can't localize certain sounds because of it, like the low battery beep from the smoke detector. I can hear it, but I can't tell where it's coming from. Even holding the damn thing, I can't tell if it's the one beeping.

    The Dr said my losses were from 'loud percussive sounds' (shooting and air powered nailers) and 'high speed motors' (saws, saws and more saws.) Loud music must have also figured in there too.

    The losses led to the tinnitus, which sounds a bit higher pitched than the 8k to me, and never stops. Never. Sometimes I'm not aware of it, because when it's steady I can tune it out or override it with white noise, but I can't sleep without the white noise of a fan or a noise generator. Noisy restaurants with the clatter of silverware on plates are about the worst environment for me. Painful.

    I'm sure that stuff like having my ears ring for two days after seeing the Who at Rosemont in the 80s, or all the shows I worked with earplugs in and my cans turned to "10" so I could hear the spot calls didn't help, and I noticed additional high end loss after two babies crying in my ears.

    Rick Beato talks about his tinnitus in one of his videos, and there are a lot of very interesting things in the comments that might help. More than one person mentioned jaw issues, and I know that is one way I can intensify the sound, by clenching my jaw. I'd like to believe the ads for a miracle drop, or some sort of re-programming technique, but I don't.

    I wouldn't wish it on anyone, and I hope you get some relief.
    n

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.