22 June 2022

Winter

It is the beginning of summer. Sort of. So let's listen to a song that is not about summer. (Offically it started yesterday. Memorial Day is NOT the start of summer, not really.)

I don't know when I first heard Tori Amos' music. I did own (still do) a copy of the Under the Pink CD, which came out in 1994. My friends and I were all into, what at the time was called, "Women's Music" (sometime styled Womyn's Music), because by and large with very few exceptions, radio stations would not play the music. That lack of support was also the impetus for Lilith Fair; very few female artists were booked on Loolapaloosa's stages.

Tori Amos, the artist we have today, has an amazing voice. All the songs on this album let that voice shine.

This song is "Winter" by Tori Amos from her 1992 debut album Little Earthquakes. The version we have today is the 2006 remastered edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.