20 May 2022

He Was Going to Speak Harshly to Them

You're doing it wrong. Video shows suspected car burglars shoot at Tennessee homeowner

I get that you are upset. I get that you want to tell them to go away. Embracing that almost got this guy killed.

A homeowner was shot on his porch just before 5 a.m. after going outside to confront people who appeared to be burglarizing cars, and the violent exchange was caught on camera.

The guy who got shot was hit in the neck and shoulder. He could have been shot in the head. He could have bled to death waiting for EMS. This was not a life-or-death situation. This was about stuff.

If you read this blog you know that I am all about self-defense. But I am also about being smart, and sometimes the smart thing to do is call 911 and let the cops deal with it.

The victim was reported to be in critical, but stable, condition

Pick your battles. Some things are worth fighting and dying for. Some things are not. (And it doesn't appear this homeowner was ready to fight in any case.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.