30 April 2022

Hurt

Some time back I tripped over some of the covers of songs recorded by Johnny Cash that were originally by Rock & Roll artists. I'm not sure I like all of them, but today's song strikes an emotional chord.

Everyone I know goes away
In the end

I usually say that the videos distract from the music. Not this time. I really like the images in this video.

This is the cover of "Hurt" by Johnny Cash. It was of course originally by Nine Inch Nails. This version was found on his 2002 album American IV: The Man Comes Around.

In looking for extra info for this post, it struck me as amazing that his recording career started in the 1950s, and lasted until just prior to his death. He died in 2003. Actually at least one album was released posthumously.

1 comment:

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.