15 April 2022

Friday Links - 15 April

Josh Blackman at The Volokh Conspiracy starts things off with I Can No Longer Rely On Uber

More recently, I've re-emerged into a post-pandemic world. Yet, I've found Uber increasingly unreliable. Consistently, I am not able to find rides, and when I can, the fares are surged. For example, in the past, I would spend about $35 for a trip to the airport during rush hour, and would wait about 5 minutes. This morning, Uber told me the fare to the airport would be about $150!

Meep at Stump is up next with 2021 U.S. Mortality News Explainer: Death Rates, Life Expectancy, and More. Hey. I love the stats!

So let me give you some explainers, and we can look at how nasty 2021 was — it was worse than 2020, and it has been worse than recent history. It’s just not the deadliest ever.

Ace of Spades HQ - Quinnipiac Poll: Biden at 33% Approval; Hispanic Approval Rate: 26%, Lower Than With Whites

Well, bear in mind: Suburban College-Educated Karen is all-in for the Democrat Party because Twitter Told Her So

Clayton Cramer - Florida Man Moves to Britain. He stabbed her over bad pizza.

Nathaniel Williams, 29, got into an argument with his girlfriend about where to buy their food. He wanted Pizza Hut but she wanted Pizza Choice."

SiGraybeard - Update on Starbase on Kennedy Space Center

I've been trying to find updates on the progress of SpaceX's effort to duplicate Starbase Boca Chica on the Kennedy Space Center, but have been having trouble. I think it's a bit more difficult for independent journalists here than in south Texas. [SNIP]

NASASpaceflight.com covers their work at KSC, apparently roughly monthly, and while airborne, they also cover other activities on the Cape, especially Blue Origin's build out. This video was posted yesterday.

The Other McCain - Aspiring Rapper Update: ‘Slowkey Fred’ Busted for Philly Gun Trafficking Ring

When I was a kid, Villa Rica was a rural crossroads on Bankhead Highway. The idea of this once-tranquil town being home to an interstate criminal conspiracy is just mind-boggling, but I guess that’s how “progress” works.

Mike Rowe - Off The Wall: Vacuuming in the Nude. His mother has a new book out.

I can’t tell you if my mother actually vacuums in the nude. If she does, I would prefer not to know. I can tell you that she has written a very funny book about the business of rejection, perseverance, encouragement, and the many things people do to get attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.