02 April 2022

Can New Yorkers REALLY Be Shocked By Crime?

People love to ignore reality. But in New York City? NYPD: Jogger choked, sexually assaulted and robbed on popular West Village path - CBS New York

A woman was attacked and sexually assaulted Sunday morning as she ran along the Hudson River greenway in lower Manhattan.

It's a good thing that NYC makes it so hard for women to defend themselves. If she had been armed, her attacker might have been hurt or killed. Apparently the powers-that-be in NYC think that would be horrible.

He also stole her cellphone.

One resident sums up the feeling of "I thought it was safe."

"I've always felt really safe, or naive, maybe," Kitty Preston said.

She isn't the only one.

As the city grapples with a crushing surge in violence, sex crimes are also on the rise. According to NYPD data, 386 rapes have been reported so far this year. That's a 23 percent increase over the same time span last year.

The category of "other sex crimes" rose as well, 17 percent.

You couldn't pay me enough to get me to live there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.