14 February 2022

Shepherd Of Fire

So I admit it. I was going thru more Rick Beato videos. This song was featured in his series What Makes This Song Great, in episode 55. It features an interview with Synyster Gates, the guitar player for Avenged Sevenfold, and some samples of his playing.

The solo in this song is fantastic. Well the whole band is good. The album today's song comes from was produced after The Rev died, so Arin Ilejay is the drummer. M. Shadows is the vocalist, and at least on this song, Zacky Vengeance is playing rhythm guitar and singing backing vocals, and Johnny Christ is playing bass and also providing backing vocals. I am not sure if Zacky Vengeance ever takes lead or not. I think he does on some songs.

The use of low brass gives the song a particularly dark quality.

If you want to see the lyrics, you can find them at this link.

This is "Shepherd Of Fire" by Avenged Sevenfold from the 2013 album Hail To The King.

I was having a discussion with a friend about Heavy Metal mascots a while back, and so I may start including mascots whenever appropriate. Today we have Deathbat, the Avenged Sevenfold mascot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.