09 February 2022

Self-defense Is Legal in Ohio

And DAs HATE that. Audrey Cole Acquitted In Death of Matthew Mott During Fight.

He assaulted her, and gave her a concussion before she shot him. That wasn't enough for the DA, who HATES self-defense.

"He grabbed me by the neck and started punching me in the head and face," she said in a taped interview with police played at her trial. "He knocked my head into the wall. I tried to block him with my arms and hands. He was standing over me. I was yelling. Then he stopped and walked out. He was in a rage."

Cole relayed to police that, before leaving the room, Mott told her "'I see why your dad used to hit your mom.' Something like that. 'Because you don’t know how to shut up,'" according to Law & Crime.

Cole then told police that she retrieved and AR-15 from under the couple's bed, took a magazine from the closet, loaded the gun and then left the bedroom with the intention of leaving the home.

Mott allegedly confronted her again in the hallway and advanced on her, at which point she fired a single shot at him.

Despite all of that, and her spending time in the emergency room from him punching her, the DA thought he could WIN.

Prosecutors alleged that Cole was not in immediate danger from Mott when she shot him in the hallway of their home, and argued to the jury that he hadn't been beating her that severely on the night of his death.

That DA should be thrown out of office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.