17 December 2021

The Bloody Mary Cocktail — 100th Anniversary

I'm not sure it is actually a hangover cure, but I have had any number of Bloody Mary's on Saturday mornings in my youth. Bloody Mary cocktail 100th birthday celebrated in Paris bar - Chicago Sun-Times

Franz-Arthur MacElhone, great-grandson of bar founder Harry MacElhone, recounted different legends around the reason for the drink’s name. According to Harry’s Bar history, bartender Fernand Petiot invented the drink and the recipe was first published in a book called “Harry’s ABC of Cocktails” in 1921.

Bartender Dante Agnelli demonstrated the technique for making the drink, ingredient by ingredient: salt and pepper, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, vodka and tomato juice.

History of cocktails. Maybe that should be a new category of posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.