11 December 2021

Can't Find My Way Home

Today's song was written by Steve Winwood and was first released by Blind Faith. It is a song that has been covered many times, and apparently a couple of those cover-versions were used in movie soundtracks. Eric Clapton included it in some of his concerts after he left Blind Faith.

Is it unusual to hear an acoustic guitar tuned to Drop-D tuning? I usually associate Drop-D with Heavy Metal. Oh well.

This is "Can't Find My Way Home" by Justin Johnson. I have no idea if it is part of an album or not.

I stumbled across Justin Johnson some time ago, but I have been listening to more of his work in recent weeks. He has some long playlists on YouTube that are all Delta Blues and all instrumental. And he has a nice mix of instruments that includes a couple of different resonators, a parlor guitar, a 9-string (which I hadn't seen before), and a couple of dreadnoughts. He even has an electric guitar or two for various needs, and he has built a couple of 3-string instruments that are fascinating. (One is out of a cigar box, and another is using a shovel.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.