08 December 2021

25 [Unplugged]

The Pretty Reckless is a great band, in part because Taylor Momsen has such a great voice. So let's listen to that voice.

I wrote that song when I was 25, [and] we recorded it right after I turned 25. It's very autobiographical, in a lot of ways. I thought it would be an interesting idea to figure out a way to go through all the years of my life and somehow calculate that and have it end with 25. But the inspiration was really drawn from me just reflecting on my life up until that point, writing this autobiographical song from a place of despair. [Taylor Momsen in an interview with Ilana Kaplan for Paper.]

This song is "25 [Unplugged]" by Taylor Momsen of The Pretty Reckless with Duncan Watt on piano.

If you're interested in the full Rock & Roll version, you can find that at this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.