16 November 2021

NYPD Cops Head to the Sunshine State

Can you blame people for leaving places they are vilified, and moving some place that their efforts are appreciated?

What will happen when no one wants to be a member of the NYPD? NYPD cops find respect, warm welcome, more money in Florida

More than a dozen NYPD cops have ditched the Big Apple to join the force in a small Florida city — part of a nationwide trend of disgruntled officers finding greener pastures in pro-police communities.

Lakeland is about halfway between Orlando and Tampa, Florida. It is probably closer to Tampa, though I would have to look at a map to be sure.

1 comment:

  1. It is closer to Tampa. I’m glad that they are choosing to continue to serve in an environment where they are appreciated. I once served in a small department and people did express their appreciation, especially around the holidays. Having said that I reiterated what I have been saying. With cell phone cameras that are used to produce edited footage and the politicization of law enforcement, you have to be insane to want to be a police officer right now.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.