23 October 2021

Flight Over Rio

I mentioned in a previous post that I have been revisiting some of the Jazz Fusion I listened to back in the day. And then watching an unrelated Rick Beato video a while back (on all of his guitars) the name of Al Di Meola was mentioned, and the album Elegant Gypsy. And so here we are.

Al Di Meola was a member of Return to Forever (Chick Corea's Fusion band) and did some solo work.

I don't really remember this album from my youth. I am fairly sure one of my friends had a copy of his live album, Friday Night in San Francisco, because I heard a lot of it.

This is "Flight Over Rio" by Al Di Meola from his 1977 album Elegant Gypsy. Today's song is about 7 minutes long, so grab a coffee and enjoy.

If you are a guitarist, whether or not you are in the market for a new guitar, Rick Beato has 3 videos on his Rick Beato 2 channel that go over all the guitars currently in his collection. The videos cover the differences in tone, and why he has so many. Dave Onorato, guitarist and luthier, joins Rick, because he did most/all of the work on any of the guitars.

  1. How Many Are "Too Many" Guitars?
  2. Checking Out MORE of My Guitars w/ Dave
  3. The Last of My Guitar Collection! ...The End?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.