17 September 2021

Blaming COVID-19 Was Easier Than Telling the Truth

"I hope I die before I get old." Herron long-term care residents died of thirst, malnourishment, Quebec coroner’s inquest told

COVID-19 was repeatedly cited as a cause of death at the Herron nursing home to obscure the fact that dozens of elderly residents died from thirst, malnourishment and neglect, a Quebec coroner’s inquest heard Tuesday.

Because blaming COVID-19 is so much easier than admitting to relatives that you let their family members die of thirst.

In an emotional testimony, an auxiliary nurse recalled how the facility in Montreal’s West Island was already poorly run before the crisis, how most of its staff abandoned their posts when the coronavirus struck, and how the local health authority then took over in a high-handed and inefficient manner.

But Canada has Universal Health Care Socialized Medicine. I thought that was supposed to be great.

My prediction is that no one will face criminal charges. The relevant bureaucrats will issue some non-apology apology and the media will go back to cheering for more socialized medicine and more tyranny.

Hat tip to Small Dead Animals, who also provided the Pete Townsend quote in the first line of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.