26 July 2021

The Price Of A Mile

Sabaton is a Swedish Heavy Metal band that has a thing for historically based lyrics. They are planning a 2022 tour, and so they have released at least one new video, even though the song is not new. I will have to look for other videos.

This is "The Price Of A Mile" by Sabaton from their 2008 album The Art of War. While WWI is not my thing, this song is about the Battle of Passchendaele.

As for the battle itself...

Battle of Passchendaele, also called Third Battle of Ypres, (July 31–November 6, 1917), World War I battle that served as a vivid symbol of the mud, madness, and senseless slaughter of the Western Front. The third and longest battle to take place at the Belgian city of Ypres, Passchendaele was ostensibly an Allied victory, but it was achieved at enormous cost for a piece of ground that would be vacated the following year. [Ref. Encyclopedia Britanica.]

As for the tour... Sabaton announce The Tour To End All Tours for 2022. It will include The Hu (the Mongolian Metal band that everyone was going crazy over a year or 2 ago.) 26 cities have been scheduled starting in March of 2022, though I don't think they will be coming to North America.

2 comments:

  1. They premiered a video for a new song at a concert they streamed from Serbia (the Exit festival at Novi Sad). Sounded classically Sabaton.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A concert tour is usually to support an album. And they have published dates for 2022.

      It took me a while to warm up to Sabaton. I don't know if the it was the first song I heard - I can't tell you what that is at this point - or what.

      Delete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.