29 July 2021

NYPD Officer Saves Life with Ingenuity

This is a great story. It is from a week or two ago, but I missed it then. New York police officer saves man's life by patching up chest wound with potato chips bag and tape | Fox News

An officer arrived on the scene of a stabbing where a man had been stabbed in his lung.

He didn't have a proper chest-seal, so he improvised.

Upon arriving, a man who was hunched over on the sidewalk told him that the suspect caught "me in my lung." Officer Kennedy immediately directed one man to get a bag of chips and tape from a nearby bodega, and for two other men to help him lay the man on his back.

WARNING: THIS VIDEO CONTAINS GRAPHIC CONTENT

Officer Kennedy quickly emptied the bag and taped it over the man's wound to try to prevent his chest cavity from filling with air.

Paramedics replaced that with a proper chest-seal.

The attending physician at Harlem Hospital said Officer Kennedy's actions saved the victim's life, according to the NYPD.

Dachief has a breakdown video, which is how I found this story.

I haven't checked, but I doubt this story recieved national media attention, because showing police doing good things doesn't fit with the national media's propaganda campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.