12 June 2021

Raise My Rent

It is funny how things work. By listening to something new, I reconnected with something old.

So I have been listening to a lot of Buckethead. He is a somewhat eccentric guitar player who plays (almost?) exclusively instrumental works. He is quite good, and when I don't want to listen to lyrics, instrumentals can be just thing. And the streaming service Pandora served up another guitarist doing an instrumental piece.

This song is "Raise My Rent" by David Gilmour from his 1978 solo album. I have not listened to Gilmour's solo albums in decades, and I haven't listened to any of the newer work. I guess I should revisit all of this. This song from 1978 certainly stands up. And it fits in nicely with Buckethead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.