04 April 2021

Self-defense Is Legal in Florida

But then I thought it was. No charges for son of retired Marine who fatally shot him in FishHawk home

And it points up that people you know, and relatives, can be a threat.

The son of a retired U.S. Marine lieutenant colonel will not face criminal charges in the father’s shooting death at the family’s Valrico home last year.

A review by the Hillsborough State Attorney’s Office released Tuesday found that evidence supported the account 23-year-old Brody Missler gave to investigators after shooting his father Timothy two days before Thanksgiving. Brody Missler said he feared for his safety because his father reached for a gun during an argument at their home in FishHawk Ranch.

Though I am surprised it took since Thanksgiving to come to that conclusion. I suppose it just points out how much prosecutors hate self-defense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.