10 April 2021

How's That Affordable Bail Working Out?

Not so good for the victims of repeat offenders. #13 and #14: Two more men charged with shooting people in Chicago while on bail for felony cases | CWB Chicago

More than a year after Cook County Chief Judge Timothy Evans declared “we haven’t had any horrible incidents occur” under his affordable bail initiative, CWBChicago continues to find plenty of cases to dispute his claim.

Last July, as Chicago’s violence continued to rise, Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx defended Evans’ bail policies and said the city’s rising violent crime was a two-month “anomaly.” The next month was the worst for homicides in the city since the 1950s. So far this year, murders are up 34% in Chicago, according to CPD. The number of shooting victims in the city is up 43% compared to last year, police say.

I'm sure that the increase in crime since the institution of affordable bail is just a coincindence, completely unrelated to that or any of the other policies of the Democrats running Chicago and Cook County and the associated Criminal Justice System. In fact, now that I think about it, I am sure it must be Donald Trump's fault. I don't know how, but I'm sure the Dems in Chicago have some explanation that includes Trump.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.