10 April 2021

Consider Me Gone

I'm not sure why I ran across the album that today's song comes from. It may have come up in WXRT's Saturday Morning Flashback, or Rick Beato may have mentionend one of the songs in a video on songwriting.

While the album in question had several singles that were successful, "Russians" being the one I always liked, this song was never released as a single. It wasn't very mainstream in 1985, but then a lot of that was true of the album in question.

This is "Consider Me Gone" by Sting from his debut solo album The Dream of the Blue Turtles. That album came out in the summer of 1985. It takes about 30 seconds to get moving. Not the kind of thing they do today.

Here's a link to the lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.