26 April 2021

Holiday

Today we have a song that was inspired by Lone Star Parson. He had a musical interlude, "Monday Night Juke Box," a while back and this was one of the songs featured.

The Scorpions was never a band I listened to much. A few of their songs were on the radio, such as "Rock You Like a Hurricane," but in 1979, I was not listening to Hard Rock much.

I'm going to call today's song a Power Ballad, because the first 2/3rds of the song is exactly that, though it picks up at the end. I quite like it.

This song is "Holiday" by the Scorpions from their 1979 album Lovedrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.