18 March 2021

It Seems Asheville DA Won't Prosecute Child Rape

Not a good look on a DA. Asheville sexual assault investigation removed from Henderson DA Greg Newman

The Citizen Times has been reporting on Newman’s pattern of pleading down felony child sexual assault cases to misdemeanors with no mention of sexual assault.

The story I actually wanted to reference is behind a paywall, that I am not willing to pay for. So there's that. But the quote above seems to sum up what he has been doing.

The Criminal Justice System: A bureaucratic system, that isn't concerned with Justice, and is occasionally criminal. Though I think in this case he is just being stupid.

That article behind the paywall? Families of alleged rape, murder victims try to remove DA Greg Newman for 'unrepentant misconduct'. I leave it here in case the paywall gets relaxed in the days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.