29 March 2021

A Lone Star Parson Musical Interlude

Greyhound posterCourtesy of Lone Star Parson, we have Wolf Pack

"Wolfpack" is a song by the Swedish Heavy Metal band Sabaton (don't worry, English lyrics) from their 2005 debut album, Primo Victoria. Sabaton has a thing for songs about historical events. I am slowly coming around to liking them. When I first tripped over them, years ago, I didn't care for what I heard. That is changing. Here are two songs I've featured before. Though the list will also include this post.

The version of the video includes scenes/cuts from the 2020 Tom Hanks movie, Greyhound. Both the song and the movie are about the same convoy crossing the North Atlantic during the early days of WWII. Though the events described in the movie, and maybe the song as well, are based on the 1955 novel The Good Shepherd by C. S. Forester. The action is heavily fictionalized.

Though it is supposed to be a decent movie. I haven't seen the movie, as I am giving NO money to Hollywood at this time. And that includes Apple TV. Or whatever. I suppose it's time to see if my library has it on DVD. The clips in the video look good.

Anyway, click thru.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.