10 February 2021

“Millionaire Athlete Lives Matter”

The Other McCain has the latest insanity. More Proof America Is Racist?

Professional sports teams derive most of their revenue from TV contracts. If fewer people are watching sports on TV, that’s less revenue for the teams, and ultimately the players will be paid less. Because 69% of NFL players are black, guess who will suffer the most?

Count me among the apparent large number of people who did not watch the NFL. Since my sister canceled Thanksgiving, I also didn't spend the day watching football in November. So I saw zero professional football this year.

When was the last time the game was any good. 31 to 9 does not make for edge-of-your-seat excitment. It has been a long time since the ads were good. (Oatly anyone?) So what is the point?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.