06 February 2021

An Interesting Alternative to Big Tech: Micronetia

I would love to know if anyone has experience with this, or with the Ghost server software. Welcome to Micronetia

Micronetia is a system for people to create their own standalone blog, website or other internet connected resource that is hosted by them so that it can't be arbitrarily deleted because some part of BigTech decided that either the content or its creator needed to be cancelled.

The current iteration does rely on Cloudflare, but they have been very open when it comes to content. And they are not the only way it can work, apparently.

Blogspot is Google, which I know is bad. But WordPress (and their so-called support) pissed me off when they insulted me at every turn. And then it became, "Shut up and do what we tell you." Not something I ever learned to do, not in a couple of decades of working in tech, around the guys who think they are great. (They aren't.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.