27 January 2021

Space

Bond is one of the groups I can't decide if I like or not. They show up in some of the playlists I hear in the evenings when I am reading. They are instrumental, and they have a bit of energy. I am not really concentrating on the music, and yet somehow they captured my attention.

This is what they have to say in their Pandora blurb...

Polarizing critics since their 2000 inception, Bond have continued to perfect their fusion of pop, worldbeat, and classical instrumentation. Eos Chater (violin), Haylie Ecker (violin), Gay-Yee Westerhoff (cello), and Tania Davis (viola) were well-educated musically, having played their specific instruments since early childhood and accompanied acts like the Divine Comedy , Primal Scream , Embrace , and Mark Knopfler . But the quartet couldn’t find a happy medium. They raised the classical world’s ire with their short skirts and electronic programming, but Bond wasn’t purely pop or dance either, alienating them on most sides.

This is "Space" by Bond from their 2002 album Shine. I leave any further judgements up to you.

Sadly, it looks like they gave up on the group, as their YouTube channel has not seen a post in about 7 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.