21 December 2020

Nothing Left

This isn't the song I originally had planned for the Monday before Christmas, but here we are. See my notes after the embedded video.

Delain is one of my favorite Symphonic Metal Bands. I love Charlotte Wessels' voice. Nitghtwish is listed as Symphonic Metal in some places and Power Metal in other places. They are also one of my favorite Metal bands, of whatever flavor. Marco Hietala is the bassist and lead male singer for Nightwish, though Floor Jansen is generally doing most of the singing for Nightwish these days.

In this collaboration, it is clear Marco and Charlotte have very complimentary voices. And this is a great recording of what looks to have been a fantastic live performance.

The song was originally released in 2009 on the album April Rain. And here's a link to the lyrics, because Metal.

This is "Nothing Left (Live)" by Delain featuring Marco Hietala. It was recorded at TivoliVredenburg, which is a music center in Utrecht, Netherlands. That center was designed specifically for Rock & Roll. The song was released in 2019 as part of the album/EP Hunter's Moon. There are 4 new tracks, and 10 live recordings of old material, which causes some debate about whether it is an album or an EP.

OK, so Metal for Mondays on the Monday before Christmas, I have been looking for a Metal Christmas song. And there are quite a few. Guns N' Roses has a version of "White Christmas." KoЯn has both a version of "Jingle Bells" and "Kidnap the Santa Claws." That last one is from movie The Nightmare Before Christmas. My Chemical Romance, Orion's Reign, Billy Gibbons (of ZZ Top) and more all have Christmas songs. They either are not very Metal, or just plain don't speak to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.