21 November 2020

Chance

Olga Vitalievna Yakovleva (Ольга Витальевна Яковлева), better known by her stage-name Origa, was born in the old Soviet Union, in Novosibirsk Oblast, an area of southwestern Siberia. She made a name for herself working mostly in Japan. Sadly she died of lung cancer at the age of 44 in 2015. I think she had a haunting voice, and I quite like her work. Most of it anyway.

This is "Chance" by Origa from the 2005 album Aurora. This is the Japanese version of the song.

I actually prefer the Russian version of this song, but it is available only to YouTube premium members. That link is for anyone with that membership. (Note I can't listen to it.) Here is a link to Spotify, but it may be only available to Premium members of that service as well.

A translation of the Russian lyrics into English can be found at this link. My usual sources have failed to provide a translation for the Japanese version, you can find a copy of the Japanese lyrics with a Romanization at this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.