20 August 2024

Tuesday Links - 20 August

Better late than never? (Have I said, "Real Life sucks sometimes," recently?)

Meep at Stump is up first with a Chicago post (in honor of the DNC), and an important message. Chicago Is My Kind of Town To Beat Up On: 2017 edition

So yes, at the cancer center again today. Stu gets his 8th transfusion on Monday. Woo. Donate blood!

2017 was the year Stu was diagnosed with cancer, so perhaps my beating up on Chicago slowed down after that… or perhaps it revved up! It always cheers me up so much!

Pixy Misa at Ambient Irony - Daily News Stuff 17 August 2024: Short Answer Edition

Does reasoning emerge in LLMs? (Arxiv)
No. ...

Solar Winds has a critical vulnerability being actively exploited. (Bleeping Computer)
Again.

The Other McCain - Mac Jones Nails Down QB2 Job in Jax

What happened to Mac in New England is a long, sad story of a legendary franchise in disarray (see “‘The Patriot Way’ Has Turned Toxic,” December 7, 2023). That’s why I was overjoyed in March when Mac was traded to the Jacksonville Jaguars — the situation in New England was irretrievable, and Jacksonville is Mac’s hometown.

Again from Meep - Chicago is My Kind of Town to Beat Up On: 2019 Edition

The Week in Meep has been pre-empted by my retrospectacle (yes, I meant that autocorrect) on Chicago through the archives of STUMP. ...

Let’s see what the Chicago of 2019 had in store.

Pixy Misa at Ambient Irony - Daily News Stuff 18 August 2024: Careful What You Wish For Edition

Drivers who purchased hydrogen-fueled cars are suing Toyota over their own stupidity. (Yahoo)

There are only 54 locations offering hydrogen refueling in California, out of the 200 the state has promised. Why people are suing Toyota rather than the state I do not know.

Wombat-socho - Rule 5 Sunday: Welcome, Indiana!

Started playing Azur Lane again after a lengthy break, and lo and behold – the current event introduces another fast battleship to feed my urges, the South Dakota-class battlewagon Indiana. Ain’t she cute?

Another reason for the 2D girl this week is that I wound up in Twitmo until Saturday for suggesting a UK judge should get the tar & feather treatment. Weak!

Lone Star Parson - Behold Your Beloved Rulers

Does this fill you with confidence? Well it should, because Joe Biden got the most votes of any presidential candidate in the history of history, a solid 81 million ballots and he didn't even bother to campaign. Why would he, he's just so popular.

Once more for Meep at Stump - Chicago is My Kind of Town to Beat Up On: 2019 Edition. I have not included all of them, but this one touches on corruption in Chicago politics.

Solis wore a wire for two years, recording conversations for a federal investigation. The other Chicago alderpeople were not too pleased about this.

Ed Burke especially.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.