28 November 2023

Is Your Car Worth Your Life?

Is what is in your car worth your life? Homeowner shot while trying to scare off car burglars in Northwest Side neighborhood

Mine isn't worth my life. And people have to make their own determination, but this doesn't seem like a good tradeoff.

He saw the car burglars on his security cameras, armed himself, and went outside to confront them.

He went outside to scare them off, and at some point, the suspects shot at the man and he returned fire, police said.

The homeowner was hit once in the chest. He was taken to the hospital and was in stable condition.

Hit once in the chest could be "shot in the heart." Or shot in the head.

Another person in San Antonio, trying to stop a group burglarizing a car, was stabbed a few days earlier.

There are circumstances under which I would defend myself. Protecting the detritus in my car in the face of what could easily be armed criminals isn't one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.