13 October 2023

Friday Links - Paraskevidekatriaphobia Edition

SiGraybeard is up first with a post that made me smile. Europe's Euclid Telescope Was "Disoriented". (The photos from the disoriented telescope are worth a look.)

How to say that really long word in the title of this post. It means "fear of Friday the 13th."

Gun Free Zone - Israel removes Gun Control for cizizens….not exactly.

4. Wait a fucking minute: I can only have a gun if I train, but I am only allowed to have 50 rounds on normal days? And you think you are magnanimous in allowing me 100 rounds when the fuckers attacking Israel carry twice as much and they are traveling in packs? [SNIP]

I will say it again: Israel needs to develop a Roof Korean culture.

Lawrence Person's BattleSwarm Blog - ATF Pistol Brace Regulations Blocked

In another small victory in the war against ATF overreach, a federal judge has blocked ATF regulations on pistol braces.

Hot Air - Couple drove across the country to visit Portland; now they'll never return

A young couple from Michigan decided to take an extended vacation by car culminating in a visit to Portland. ... They were both thinking of the trip as a combination vacation and scouting effort. If they liked what they saw in the city, maybe they would move there.

The Other McCain - ‘Palestinian Resistance’ = Beheading Babies

If you poke around a bit, you’ll find Hamas sympathizers claiming that this is Israeli propaganda, that there is no “proof” of babies being beheaded, as if we must see photos or videos of such atrocities in order to believe they happened. Well, CBS News is reporting it, OK? Maybe you think it’s another Texas Air National Guard thing, I don’t know, but whether or not you believe Hamas beheaded babies, will you at least stipulate that they attacked unarmed civilians?

Cindy Bennett at Granite Grok - How I Became a Conservative Library Trustee

To some people, this may be trivial, I mean, who really goes to the library anyway? Well, to me, this is bigger than the situation itself. It proves to me that when you do something, it matters. When you try, you can make a difference. When you want to do something positive, you can see things happen that you didn’t expect… for the better.

Mike Rowe - A Prayer for the Innocents

Every now and then I write something amusing for this page that I’m eager to share with all of you. And then something happens that makes sharing amusing stories seem pointless and petty.

Clayton Cramer - At Least They Are Admitting the Government Did This, Not Capitalism

And yes, the article is about how bird species are segregated.

Instapundit - THE LEFT GETS A TASTE OF ITS OWN MEDICINE: Conservative group circles two trucks with photos, names

I’m not in favor of cancel culture. On the other hand, I am a fan of irony and paybacks. And just a few years ago, all the best people were assuring me that it was laudable to punch Nazis. . . .

Professor David Yamane at Gun Culture 2.0 - The Review That Motivates Me Every Day

I recognize that it is probably not healthy to be motivated by negative emotions, but almost every time I sit down to work on my book on American gun culture, I am motivated by a review of my book proposal by someone who works as a public librarian in the United States.

Again from The Other McCain - Ironic Crime Update: Did a Gay Pedophile Basically Issue His Own Death Warrant?

As Dana Pico points out, sex with a 15-year-old would be a felony, and let me be clear that I am not saying Josh Kruger deserved to be shot to death by his alleged victim. I’m just saying it’s ironic.

Pixy Misa at Ambient Irony - Daily News Stuff 11 October 2023: Remember the Lettuce Edition

EU fires urgent warning at Elon Musk’s X over illegal content and disinformation following Hamas attacks. (Tech Crunch) [SNIP]

What happened is that Europe's Bookburner General, Thierry Breton, whined impotently on Twitter today that people were saying unapproved things.

Clayton Cramer - Supporting Terrorism Has Consequences

Some of the students who self-identified as terrorism supporters are all butt-hurt that they may not be safe because they are being called out. The same would be true if college students loudly proclaimed their support for the KKK and lynchings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.