27 August 2023

Disney Live-action Remakes: The Worst Films of Our Time

For a long time Disney made a lot of money on these films, even when they were horrible, because parents trusted that Disney would not indoctrinate their children. Disney has lost that trust. And people are waking up to how awful the movies are. (Disclaimer: While I have seen a few of the movies, or parts of them anyway, I have not seen all of them, and don't plan to see any more of them.)

Chris Gore is one of my favorite film critics. Probably because he also makes films himself. He is one of the few people I trust about what movies I am going to spend my time on. Though to be fair, I don't give much time, and even less money, to Hollywood these days. I will see a few of the movies that came out this year. Openheimer is one of them, if only because I know the history and am curious to see how they handled it. (I hated The Imitation Game, which I saw for similar reasons.)

I don't love anything about Disney live-action remakes. I think these are the Worst Films of our time, that represent everything wrong with Factory Filmmaking. ... Studio executives and lawyers deciding they need to make a movie to somehow preserve the intellectual property.

This is a long interview that touches on many aspects of films and filmmaking. I have it queued up to the 10 minutes (or so) in which Chris discusses the Disney Live-action remakes.

From Film Courage we get the following video: "Dear Hollywood..." - Chris Gore [FULL INTERVIEW]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.