21 July 2023

Alleged Criminal Activity in the Obama White House?

I'm shocked - Shocked I tell you! - to think that there might be criminal activity swirling around a politician from Chicago. Grassley Obtains & Releases FBI Record Alleging VP Biden Foreign Bribery Scheme

Okay, so I'm not shocked at all. I have actually lost count of the number of Illinois governors who have been convicted on corruption charges, though at least two were convicted for things they did after they left office. If you only consider the number of Chicago politicians convicted on corruption, the number is legion.

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) today released an unclassified FBI-generated record describing an alleged criminal scheme involving then-Vice President Joe Biden and a Ukrainian business executive. Grassley acquired the record, an FD-1023, via legally protected disclosures by Justice Department whistleblowers.

But hey, how do you think politicians get to be multimillionaires in the 21st Century?

Hat tip to The Other McCain: ‘Smoking Gun’ on Biden Bribery Scandal

People say I'm cynical when it comes to political corruption. I consider myself a realist. Consider the list of Chicago politicians, which is not exhaustive, that you can find at the following link, and get back to me. The History of Corruption in Chicago.

Then there was the FBI's Operation Greylord in the early 1980s.

And in the end—through undercover operations that used honest and very courageous judges and lawyers posing as crooked ones and with the strong assistance of the Cook County court and local police—92 officials were indicted, including 17 judges, 48 lawyers, eight policemen, 10 deputy sheriffs, eight court officials, and one state legislator. Nearly all were convicted, most of them pleading guilty. It was an important first step to cleaning up the administration of justice in Cook County.

Read that again. It was a "first step." I think there are probably a few steps left to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.