09 June 2023

Do You Think the Lockdown Could Have Contributed?

The UK has a death problem. Experts call for investigation over ‘catastrophe’ of post-Covid excess deaths. Warning: Statistics ahead.

There were 67,724 extra deaths in England and Wales between April 30, 2022 and April 28, 2023. That is 12.8 percent above the pre- pandemic five-year average.

That is higher than the deaths during the pandemic. Slightly. But there is a funny thing about statistics. They rely on an understanding of math, and causal relationships. You can't claim something is true (A caused B) just because you want it to be true. That doesn't stop people from doing exactly that.

Now the anti-vax crowd will immediately blame the vaccine for the situation in the UK, and they are doing that already. And while I believe that the vaccine may have a small impact given the lack of testing, That isn't the only factor. It probably isn't the major factor. The lockdowns are the real source of the problem.

I had COVID. I was sick for week, like the worst case of flu I ever had. But I got over COVID. I haven't recovered from the lockdown, however. I haven't lost the weight I gained. I haven't become as active as I was.

The folks in the UK are mostly dying of heart problems and diabetes. There are also delay effects of not getting standard medical care, because of doctors' offices being shut. Things like cancer diagnosis being delayed, because they couldn't get in to see their family doctor for a referral. None of these are the result of the jab. All of them, most of them anyway, are the result of being "locked down for your own good." Or something.

But the real story is that the people who were behind the lockdowns, and the Karens who supported them out of fear, have much to answer for. The decimation of elementary education in the poorest communities. The closure of thousands of small businesses. And thousands dead from preventable causes. Of course now most of them want to forget that it ever happened. Probably so it can happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.