11 May 2023

Another Failure of the Victim-selection Process

And I noticed something about the reporting that made go, "Hmmm..." Philadelphia homeowner shoots 60-year-old man attempting to break into home: Police - 6abc Philadelphia

This is a pretty typical "armed homeowner versus would-be robber" story from Philadelphia.

Investigators say the 60-year-old intruder was trying to smash through a back window around 4 a.m.

The homeowner shot him in the chest and backside.

The guy who got shot was taken to a hospital, and is expected to face charges once he is released.

What I found interesting about the reporting is that the attitude coming thru the article is, "Of course homeowners are defending themselves." Have things have gotten so bad in Kiladelphia, that stories of self-defense have become commonplace? There isn't any comment about the homeowner being arrested or not arrested, no confusion of victim and criminal, in short, nothing I have come to expect from our Leftist media. Overall, I think it is a well-done article, given how short it is.

In any event, self-defense is a human right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.