09 September 2022

A Good Guy With a Gun Stopped a Bad Guy

Isn't that the thing the gun-haters say never happens? Arizona man shot in the head at family party credits his concealed carry for saving lives: ‘would have died’

An Arizona man who was shot in the head while attending a Fourth of July party with his family this summer is speaking out about how he was able to thwart the shooter from killing more people with his concealed carry firearm.

"My back was turned. I heard the first gunshot and that's what made me, kind of turn my head ... But by the time I even was able to look and see what was going on, a bullet already had struck the side of my face," Raul Mendez recounted to Fox News Digital in a phone interview Tuesday.

The slight turn of his head meant that he wasn't killed instantly. And despite losing an eye, having his jaw fractured, and a torn eardrum, he was able to fight back.

As Hunt continued his alleged rampage, two other women began fighting back against the suspect and screamed for Mendez, knowing he had a concealed carry weapon, Mendez said.

"By the glory of God or the adrenaline and just everything, just the will to live and the will to protect my family, I was able to hear those pleas, those yells for help. I heard my name. And I was able to get up," he said.

He was able to pull out his firearm and shoot the suspect four times in the chest.

This hero spent a week in the hospital, and faces more surgery in the future.

As this story indicates, being armed is not a guarantee that nothing bad will happen. He might have been killed at the beginning of the incident. He was grievously injured. But he stopped the threat, protected his two daughters, his pregnant wife, and others at the party, and probably saved his own life in the end.

Gee, I wonder why the Leftist media wasn't all over this story. (Hat tip to Keep and Bear Arms.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.