04 August 2022

He Was Given a Warning

He decided to ignore the warning and break into the home. UPDATE: Sidney man shot, killed after breaking into home, sheriff says

A home that was occupied by at least a man and his daughter.

[The guy who got shot] “shouldered the door several times, eventually breaking the door open and started to enter the residence.” Once he entered, the homeowner fired three shot, hitting him.

“He broke through the door and my dad shot at him,” a 911 caller told dispatchers.

The soon-to-be-dead-guy staggered out of the house and collapsed. He died at the scene.

While it wasn't in this story, the dead guy was the daughter's ex-boyfriend. Dad shoots, kills daughter’s ex-boyfriend after he breaks into their home, OH cops say. So what should he have done in the face of a violent person, who I think was clearly intending to perpetrate some domestic violence? I wish some gun-haters would tell me what they think he should have done, instead of defending himself and his daughter. (I'm not holding my breath.)

Self-defense is a human-right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.