09 June 2022

Airbnb Was Always a Bad Idea

Invite a bunch of random people to stay in your house for the weekend. What could possibly go wrong? 17-year-old Marietta boy shot to death in chaos that broke out after party shut down.

So people rented an Airbnb to hold a "unsanctioned party." Color me shocked. Which the homeowner broke up. Apparently he didn't sign up for what he signed up for. Or something. So, this being 2022, the kids used social media to "relocate the party" to an apartment in Mairietta.

NOTE: I'm not from Georgia, though long ago I interviewed in Mairietta, and friend got married in Bucktown. I'm told it pronouced "May-retta" though I can't swear to that.

The "Party" - at the new location - resulted in gunshots. (Not my idea of a good time!) When police arrived most of the people ran like rabbits.

“Due to the chaos of everyone fleeing while officers were attempting to render aid, only some of the witnesses were able to be interviewed on-scene,” police said.

They have released bodycam video, and have asked for the public's help. Good luck with that. At least a part of that video is at the link above. It is completely useless.

In other words, no one will ever be held accountable for killing 17-year-old Grayson Green.

I'm not sure you can blame the people who started Airbnb for this child's death, but how was it ever a good idea to let a bunch of random strangers into your home? Oh, for the money? So, you're easy? Are you cheap?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.