17 April 2022

Establishment Conservatives and Respectability

From Jon Gabriel at Ricochet: We Can No Longer Afford to Be ‘Respectable’

Why are so many "conservatives" on board for CRT, Quotas, and the rest? One explanation: they want to be respectable in the media/Washington circles.

There is much to recommend this piece, so click thru. I will leave you with the bit that spoke most to me.

In the near future, most of us expect the attacks to get worse. I’ve assumed for years I’d be kicked off social media and am surprised it hasn’t happened yet. Who knows, in five years (or five months), we could lose access to our finances. The stuff I write is worse than honking a horn in Ottawa and look what happened to the truckers.

I'm glad I'm 60 and not 20.

1 comment:

  1. Boy Howdy, I'm closing in on 72 and while it ain't fun being in a body that close to being used up, being 20 today would be scarier than where i am.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.