04 February 2022

I Tried to Ignore the CNN Kerfuffle

The Other McCain has the perfect take on the story: Malignant Dwarf Jeff Zucker Forced to Resign From CNN Over Sleazy Sex Affair

I don't care about CNN. I haven't watched a minute of CNN in over 20 years. Oh, it is on at the doctor's office, airport, wherever? That is why I have ebooks downloaded to my phone.

In his landmark 1944 book The Road to Serfdom, economist Friedrich Hayek included a chapter entitled “Why the Worst Get on Top,” explaining why collectivist regimes are always run by evil people.

And CNN is an evil organization, dedicated to lying to the American public. Click thru and read the whole thing, but I will leave you with this.

Do you see how Hayek’s observation about totalitarianism applies? The people now complaining about Gollust getting to keep her job were themselves implicated in covering up the Zucker-Gollust affair — if everybody knew it had been going on “for years,” why didn’t they say anything? Or, perhaps more to the point, if they felt Zucker’s behavior was unethical, why didn’t they quit and go work somewhere else?

Because, as Robert Stacy points out, they wanted to work for that corrupt organization.

Like I said, click thru, for a lot more on Hayek, and details on the insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.