13 January 2022

Prosecutors HATE Self-defense

Because you must depend on the State for everything, but especially your safety, even when it is clear that can't provide that safety. Colorado Supreme Court upholds "Make My Day" immunity in home defense shooting

You only need to know one thing.

Fourth Judicial District Attorney Michael Allen’s office had argued that the law should not protect Rau because the basement of the subdivided single-family home he lived in was a common area and did not qualify as his actual home.

The prosecutors seem to forget, some of the time anyway, that "claiming self-defense" is a not a magic phrase. But then prosecutors want to prosecute.

Now you can argue about the case itself (though not with me), but I am more interested in the attitude of the prosecutor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.