21 September 2021

Self-defense in North Pole, Alaska

I'm guessing folks in North Pole, Alaska are pretty well armed. Intruder shot by North Pole homeowner; man recovers in hospital, troopers say.

How would you deal with an intruder at 3 o'clock in the morning?

OK, I'm geographically challenged enough that I had to look it up. North Pole is about 250 miles nor'-nor'-east of Anchorage, or 371 miles by car. It looks to be fairly remote, though I'm sure there are folks in Alaska who would dispute that.

Alaska State Troopers in Fairbanks were notified about the alleged home intrusion at 3:25 a.m. that day, according to an online dispatch.

Upon arriving at the home, troopers learned the intruder had been shot and was still alive. The homeowner did not report any injuries.

The guy who got shot was taken to a hospital and then airlifted to Anchorage. He is expected to survive. Charges are pending, while the doctors get him back on his feet.

Self-defense is a human-right. Good Guys 1, Bad Guys 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.