28 August 2021

Truth Shall Set You Free

I am really in love with Marko Hietala's 2020 solo album. I actually like both the English version, and the Finnish version. The Finnish version is the original, after all. I won't inflict Finnish on you however, because foreign languages affect most people the way sunlight affects vampires.

I should also note, that while Marko Hietala made his name singing and playing in Heavy Metal, today's song is a sweet ballad, and not Metal at all. Actually most of the songs on the album are songs that don't fit in with the Heavy Metal stuff performed by his (former) band, Nightwish.

Here's a link to the lyrics, even though he is singing in English, and in very good English you might want a reference. Marko Hietala's singing style is to be very clear, and he has a great voice.

The image below the embedded video is of Marko Hietala from 2019. I can never get over how much he looks like my vision of Gandalf, from The Lord of the Rings. This is especially true since his beard went more white.

This song is "Truth Shall Set You Free" by Marko Hietala from his 2020 album Pyre of the Black Heart. That is the English version of the album Mustan sydämen rovio which came out in 2019.

Marko Hietala in 2019, source = WikiMedia Commons Marko Hietala at Tuska Open Air Metal Festival 2019 in Helsinki, Finland. Image by Louis Tarpin (aka WanderingTrad) via WikiMedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.