12 July 2021

The Epidemic of Carjacking

It has gotten completely out of control. As Chicago carjackings soar, police arresting more kids

There have been more than 750 reported carjackings in Chicago in 2021, putting the city on pace to surpass last year’s 1,413 incidents, the highest total in at least a decade.

That’s not the only troubling trend.

Kids are doing a lot of this crime, because they face no consequences.

Chicago police declined to comment for this story, although publicly police officials have blamed the increase on a court system that they say goes too easy on juveniles.

This problem isn't limited to Chicago.

4 comments:

  1. I have an old Beemer 740 unarmored to 7.62 and good run flats. Maybe I should go for a cruise to Chicago and just laugh as the ferals try to shoot at me. It's an old embassy beast and gets terrible mileage but it may have its uses since the rash of jackings are with 10 to 14 year olds now in most urban enviros. I'd laugh my tail off if La Queefa and Dontaurus shot at the car and a ricochet hit one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have reasons to know this guy, glad CPD caught him and he won't get out on bail:
    https://cwbchicago.com/2021/07/prosecutors-man-with-warrants-in-6-counties-carjacked-driver-in-fulton-market-garage.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing that will keep that guy in jail are the warrants and charges outside of Cook County.

      I don't know about Kane and Lake, but I have family in DuPage and in McHenry counties, and they still take this kind of thing seriously.

      Delete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.