19 June 2021

The Voice Of My Father

Since Sunday is Father's Day, I thought we could have a song appropriate to the day. It's funny, when my father was alive I don't think any of the family paid much attention to Father's Day. (I know, typical.) But since my father passed away - more than 10 years ago, now - I do think about it. But then I miss both my parents, and it's been more than 20 years since my mother passed away.

Marko Hietala was the bassist and lead male singer of Heavy Metal band Nightwish for 20 years or so, before he announced his retirement from music. But today we have a song from his solo album.

Apparently Marko Hietala recorded this in both Finnish and English. (The embedded video is in English, don't worry.)

The voice of my father
It's the voice I'll sing with too

This is "The Voice Of My Father" by Marko Hietala from his 2020 debut solo album Pyre of the Black Heart. That version is in English. It was originally Mustan Sydämen Rovio and released in 2019.

The 2019 Finnish version is at the following link, "Isäni ääni". I think it might be more authentic, since Marko is Finnish. I know how much people hate foreign languages. Apparently Marko understands that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.