09 May 2021

Fermilab and a Lack of Security

Your tax dollars at work. US physics lab Fermilab exposes proprietary data for all to see | Ars Technica

Multiple unsecured entry points allowed researchers to access data belonging to Fermilab, a national particle physics and accelerator lab supported by the Department of Energy.

Fermilab is administered by a bunch of universities, grouped together as the Fermi Research Alliance.

I was a bit surprised to see - via subsequent research - that there is still so much going on at Fermilab. I guess I stopped paying attention once the Tevatron accelerator shut down in 2011.

I wonder what the security at all of those universities would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.