24 February 2021

He's Not “a bad kid.” He just shot at cops is all

We are supposed to ignore the fact that he just shot at 3 police officers. He missed. NYPD cops shoot graffiti vandal after he opens fire on them - New York Daily News

“My son’s not a bad kid,” he said. “He’s finding his way, you know? Me and him got into it. I feel a little guilty because I told him to leave . . . And he didn’t come back. And I thought he got a hotel room, because he left with his girlfriend.”

What were you doing when you were a teenager? I'm guessing it didn't include shooting at cops.

And of course the father doesn't believe what the police are saying about his perfect son. I mean just because he kicked his son out of the home doesn't mean he isn't Father-of-the-Year Material. And it doesn't mean that the son isn't a choirboy. Or something.

“He’s a teenager going through teenage things.”

Really? That's what you call it?

The kid who got shot is in the hospital and will face charges when he is released. I'm sure there will be "calls for Justice" and demands for answers. Here's an answer. If you don't want to get shot a good first step is to refrain from shooting at police.

This feels like a good place to repeat The Rules of Stupid. From John Farnam...

  1. Don't go to stupid places.
  2. Don't hang out with stupid people.
  3. Don't do stupid things.
  4. Asking for trouble is a pretty good way to get it

I only wish I could remember where I first saw those...

1 comment:

  1. Why is it so many blacks are aspiring to be choirboys and are getting their lives on track after multiple run ins with the law?

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.