13 February 2021

Angie

The Rolling Stones is a band that I am ambivalent about. I don't love their music. Some of it is outstanding. Some of it is not that great. Seeing them live was one of the better concerts I ever attended. (Some Girls tour, summer of 1978 at Chicago's Soldier Field.) Though my group of friends was really more interested in Journey, and then lead singer Steve Perry, than The Stones.

This song is "Angie" by The Rolling Stones from the 1973 album Goats Head Soup. It was also included in the 1975 compliation album Made In The Shade. This is actually the 2005 digital remaster of the song.

3 comments:

  1. When I was much younger, I was much more into the Stones.
    They made some great music, but also a plethora of crap.
    I saw the Stones in 89 at Alpine Valley and am glad I did get to see them once.
    People are fools for paying the amount of money they do for their shows today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had almost forgotten about Alpine Valley. Never got pavilion seats, which I guess made the venue pretty good. Did ski there a couple of times, though it was hardly worth the drive.

      Delete
    2. Never skied, just saw a couple of concerts

      Delete

Comment Moderation is in place. Your comment will be visible as soon as I can get to it. Unless it is SPAM, and then it will never see the light of day.

Be Nice. Personal Attacks WILL be deleted. And I reserve the right to delete stuff that annoys me.